Mozilla tricks – Latest 7 mozilla firefox tricks
The below mentioned mozilla firefox tricks are gathered from many websites. These tricks will fetch you lot of information. these mozilla firefox tricks will works in every one computer. Few of my best selected mozilla firefox tricks are speed up mozilla firefox, enable pipelining, location of cache, backup your information and where to store cache.Each mozilla firefox trick is explained briefly.
1) If you want to open Firefox window within a Firefox window then just copy the below code and hit enter in the firefox browser. This is a cool trick which will stun your friends.
2)Speed up Mozilla Firefox:
Following steps will speed up your Mozilla Firefox. This is a cool Mozilla Firefox trick.
Type “about:config” in to the address bar with out quotes and hit enter.
Alter the entries as follows:
Set this value “network.http.pipelining” to true.
Set this value “network.http.proxy.pipelining” to true
Set “network.http.pipelining.maxrequests” to some number like 30.
3) Lastly right-click anywhere and select New-> Integer. Name it “nglayout.initialpaint.delay” and set its value to “0″. This value is the amount of time the browser waits before it acts on information it receives.
Now your web pages will open very fastly.
This is the excellent Mozilla firefox trick you have’nt seen anywhere.
4)Cache location: If you want to see the location of your Cache and you want to check all sites stored in cache then just type “about:cache” in firefox address bar and press enter. This Mozilla firefox trick works in every version.
5) Enable pipelining: During executaion of multiple instructions there may be overlap. In computer pipeline is divided into stages. In each stage computer performs instructions parellel. The stages are connected one to the next to form a pipe. This problem araises whenever you open multiple tabs in one browser.When you open multiple tabs your browser will not respond that is it hangs for few time. This pipeline feature is designed to improve page-load performance, that is unfortunately not well supported by some web servers and proxies. This is done as follows:
type “about:config” without quotes in browser and hit enter.
(Set this value to true.This will enable pipelining.)
(Set this value to true.This will enable pipelining to proxy server.)
(Set this value to 8 to have maximum of 8 pipelining requests at a time. You can also set from 1 to 8.)
6) Where to store cache:If you want to specify the folder where the cache is stored use about:config to add the String preference browser.cache.disk.parent_directory, and set the value to C:\Path To Cache. Now you have to Replace destination to Cache with the actual path to your cache folder.
7)Backup your information: Mozilla firefox stores your personal data, passwords, bookmarks everything in your profile folder. This profile folder which is stored in your computer .To back up your profile, restore it, or move it to a new location or computer, all you have to do is move or copy the profile folder.
Default location of your profile folder is :
For Windows Vista/XP/2000 : %APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\xxxxxxxx.default\
For Windows 98/Me : C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\xxxxxxxx.default\
Back up your profile folder in Mozilla Firefox is very easy. Just follow these steps.
Select FileFirefox from the menu at the top of Firefox window bar and then select the ExitQuit FirefoxQuit menu item.
- Now locate profile folder which is explained above.
- Now right click on profile and select copy.
- Now you can paste your profile folder anywhere.
These are the few mozilla firefox tricks which works 100% without any errors. And i hope these mozilla firefox tricks also works in your system.